Weiss Attorneys was initially established in 1997 by Conrad Weiss, after having spent the previous 18 years with the Department of Justice as a prosecutor and State Advocate. In 1992 Conrad located to Rustenburg and as a director assisted in establishing the then Weiss, Combrink, Kgatshe Attorneys, before pursuing his own career at Weiss Attorneys.
During 1997 the legal environment enabled attorneys in general to practice as general practitioners, which Weiss Attorneys also undertook. The firm soon established itself as a leading law firm in Rustenburg.
During 2008 Junius Moloto joined Weiss Attorneys as a director whereafter the firm started to trade under the name and style of Moloto-Weiss Incorporated Attorneys. Mr. Moloto left the firm in 2012 to pursue his own career. Also in 2012, Johan Swanepoel joined Moloto-Weiss, after a career of more than 20 years with SAPS. Johan immediately added value to Moloto-Weiss with his skills in negotiating.
In 2013, because of rapid changes in the legal environment as well as the public at large that became more alert of its Constitutional rights, Moloto-Weiss took the following strategic decisions:
- to only focus on 4 areas of expertise, namely personal injury claims, the administration of deceased and insolvent estates, property law and family law
- to concentrate on the expansion of its infra structure to enable it to improve its service delivery to clients
- to establish a broad based clientele all over South-Africa.
The decisions proved fruitful in that Moloto-Weiss managed to:
- establish a personal injury practice of name
- establish an estates department, listed at Master’s offices nationally for appointments
- establish a property department which is included on the panels of financial institutions
- establish a family law department, which is inter alia, involved in a vast number of divorce matters.
Moloto-Weiss is committed to continue on this path. We believe that quality of services count and not quantity. We believe in sincere and continuous communication with our clients at all times. We also believe that we need to deliver services of the highest quality, at affordable prices, as we have been doing since 1997.
Your first step is to choose the right attorney to represent you. A winning strategy, after all, starts with your first move!